Signiant Media Exchange is a powerful solution for telco, media and entertainment companies who need to acquire field generated content and move it quickly into an automated workflow. With a simple web based upload and a broadband connection, rich media content can be accelerated securely over the Internet into film and news environments.
Signiant is the leader in delivering the advanced software technology required to meet today's digital content movement challenges. Signiant Media Exchange replaces legacy FTP-based solutions and inflexible, client-based ingest tools. With Signiant Media Exchange, it is now possible to ingest rich media content over the Internet with no client software.
Provides a powerful user interface for users needing to ingest, publish or distribute content within Signiant's Digital Media Distribution Management Suite (DMDMS) of products.
• Ingests user-generated content using a web browser and broadband connection allowing automated movement of the content to appropriate reviewers.
• Acquires content from field broadcast operations over the Internet. For example, news crews can accelerate content through the network to multiple destinations, including affiliates, by dynamically assigning the ingested content a higher movement priority.
• Creates a portal on the Internet for the exchange of film dailies or remote news gathering permitting the upload of content and delivery identification to specific users authorized to receive the content.
• Utilizes a Java based web application that allows ad hoc file transfers to be initiated from a user's PC. With Signiant's agents, Media Exchange is effective for quickly moving user or field generated rich media content to and from any location with a broadband connection.
• Allows content to be submitted to DMDMS and automatically initiate jobs with complex workflows to include various components including watermarking, transcoding, asset management and playout servers.
Signiant Media Exchange Components:
Signiant Media Exchange is packaged and priced to allow telco, media and entertainment companies to benefit from its advanced content acquisition and management capabilities while protecting their investments in Signiant technology.
Signiant Media Exchange contains:
• A single license for a Central Media Manager, delivering the power and intelligence of an enterprise-wide digital media distribution solution. A web-based interface centralizes control, resulting in superior control and management of resources.
• Media Agents are deployed throughout the network and are responsible for the intelligent distribution and collection of data.
• Virtual Agents allows end users to upload and download content using a broadband connection.Media Exchange is available as a DMDMS application or an SDK for integration into an existing web environment.
Signiant's technology is built upon a heritage of reliability and technical expertise with patented and time tested technology deployed in hundreds of global organizations. To assist with the challenges associated with migrating to file-based workflows, Signiant's DMDMS delivers a comprehensive solution for telco, media and entertainment companies.
Media Exchange Features:
• Web User Interface - no client software required on user machines, utilizes a Java plug-in
• WAN-accelerated ingest of content from remote and mobile users
• Central Media Manager centralizes media workflows
• Firewall friendly transfers with UDP, TCP, HTTP and FTP transport options
• Automatic retry and file check-pointing
• Authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA)
• Customizable dashboards to monitor all activity through the network
• Email notification informing users when packages are available
• Advanced encryption technologies including AES 256-bit encryption